Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise.
If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with NP Betsy Press.
Repeat the following sequence three times:
1. 20 Jumping Jacks
2. 20 crunches
3. 5 push-ups
4. 10 calf-raises
5. 25 russian twists
6. 10 squats
7. 50 high-knees
8. 25 mountain climbers
9. 30 second side plank – right side
10. 30 second side plank – left side
Vegetable Stir-Fry - try this recipe for a meatless meal packed with fiber, vitamins and flavor!
You will need:
1 cup of broccoli slaw
1 cup of chopped broccoli
½ cup of diced carrots
½ cup of diced mushrooms
1 cup of diced red bell peppers
½ cup diced red onion
2 teaspoons of fresh ginger
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Combine ginger, sesame oil and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved.
2. Stir in prepared vegetables until mixture is coated with sesame oil/ginger.
3. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan or wok.
4. Saute vegetables until tender.
5. Serve with brown rice if desired.
Betsy Press, NP
Beloit Health System - Darien Clinic
300 N. Walworth Street
Darien, WI 53114
Want to track your blood pressure or just curious to know where you are at? Beloit Health System offers free blood pr... | More
Grief support groups and resources are open to anyone in the community who has experienced a death. Meeting with other p... | More