Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise.
If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with NP Betsy Press.
9 minute abs!
Do the following exercises for one minute each or aim for 12-15 reps.
Top off this work-out with 20-30 minutes of cardio. Go for a walk, jog or use your favorite cardio equipment in the gym.
4. Russian twists
5. Standing oblique crunches – left side
6. Standing oblique crunches – right side
7. Flutter kicks
9. Plank Jacks
This week’s recipe is a delicious side dish that you can serve with your favorite source of lean protein. It calls for a small amount of bacon which you can leave out if you are watching fat or sodium.
Brussel Sprouts and Bacon
1. Stem, trim and halve three cups of Brussel sprouts
2. Combine Brussel sprouts with two tablespoons of crushed garlic and two slices of finely diced bacon in a large, deep frying pan.
3. Saute ingredients on low-medium heat in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until Brussel sprouts are slightly browned and bacon is cooked.
Betsy Press, NP
Beloit Health System - Darien Clinic
300 N. Walworth Street
Darien, WI 53114
• This two hour free class provides basic information about pre-diabetes. • A multi-disciplinary team of in... | More
The Lymphedema Support Group provides education and support from Certified Lymphedema Therapists to reduce swelling... | More
Diabetes Education Class held in the Beloit Hospital Auditorium. • This one day course provides several sessions... | More