Today's workout is a 30-minute treadmill interval workout. There is a walker version and a runner version. Both of these workouts can be adapted for use outside or for your ability. The idea is to vary the pace and intensity.
Please check with your healthcare professional prior to starting any work-outs. As always, stop in at the Darien Clinic with questions for NP Betsy Press.
Minutes 0-5 - walk at a 3.0 mph pace
Minutes 5-8 - walk at a 3.5 mph pace
Minutes 8-9 - walk at a 4.5 mph pace
Minutes 9-12 - walk at a 4.0 mph pace
Minutes 13-16 - walk at a 4.5 mph pace
Minutes 16-17 - walk at a 4.0 mph pace
Minutes 17-20 - walk at a 3.5 mph pace
Minutes 20-21 - walk at a 4.5 mph pace
Minutes 21-24 - walk at a 4.0 mph pace
Minutes 24-25 - walk at a 4.5 mph pace
Minutes 25-27 - walk at a 3.5 mph pace
Minutes 27-30 - walk at a 3.0 mph pace
Minutes 0-5 - run at a 5.5 mph pace
Minutes 5-8 - run at a 6.0 mph pace
Minutes 8-9 - run at a 7.0 mph pace
Minutes 9-12 - run at a 6.5 mph pace
Minutes 13-16 - run at a 6.0 mph pace
Minutes 16-17 - run at a 7.5 mph pace
Minutes 17-20 - run at a 6.0 mph pace
Minutes 20-21 - run at a 7.5 mph pace
Minutes 21-24 - run at a 6.0 mph pace
Minutes 24-25 - run at a 7.5 mph pace
Minutes 25-27 - run at a 6.5 mph pace
Minutes 27-30 - run at a 6.0 mph pace
6 ounces of shredded cooked chicken breast
1 stalk of celery, chopped
3 large white mushrooms chopped
4-5 cherry tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce
1 large red bell pepper
2-3 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
olive oil for cooking
1. Saute celery, mushrooms, chicken breast, and tomatoes in a pan with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil until vegetables are soft.
2. Add marinara sauce to vegetables and chicken. Stir to combine.
3. Halve red bell pepper, remove seeds and core. Place halves in baking dish lightly prepared with olive oil.
4. Fill bell pepper halves with chicken/vegetable mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Remove baking dish and sprinkle both halves with shredded mozzarella. Place back in oven for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Betsy Press, NP
Beloit Health System - Darien Clinic
300 N. Walworth Street
Darien, WI 53114
• This two hour free class provides basic information about pre-diabetes. • A multi-disciplinary team of in... | More
The Lymphedema Support Group provides education and support from Certified Lymphedema Therapists to reduce swelling... | More
Diabetes Education Class held in the Beloit Hospital Auditorium. • This one day course provides several sessions... | More