Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise. If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with NP Betsy Press.
All Up In Arms! Today’s work-out is a 15-minute blast!
You will need some lower weight dumbbells.
1. Squat and overhead press with dumbbells – 15 reps
2. Bicep arm curls – 15 reps per side
3. Bent over row with dumbbells – 15 reps
4. Overhead tricep extensions – 15 reps per side
5. Front raises – 15 reps per side
6. Dumbbell swing – 15 reps per side
7. High or low plank – hold for one minute
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage, Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
You will need:
1 package of chicken sausage links – try the apple flavor
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 cups of Brussel sprouts, cleaned and quartered
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
¼ cup of olive oil
1. Toss potatoes, Brussel sprouts, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a bowl and then arrange on a sheet pan.
2. Slice chicken sausages and arrange on sheet pan.
3. Bake for 12-13 minutes, stir and bake for another 12-13 minutes.
Stay Well :)
Betsy Press, JD, NP-C
Beloit Health System - Darien Clinic
300 N. Walworth Street
Darien, WI 53114
Ph. (262) 882-1151
Therapy group for adults 65-100+. Pie, coffee and tea are served. We focus on topics on enjoying and meeting the challen... | More
If you're living with diabetes, you're not alone. Join us for the Diabetes Support Group at Beloit Hospital, 196... | More
Want to track your blood pressure or just curious to know where you are at? Beloit Health System offers free blood pr... | More