Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise. If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with NP Betsy Press.
Happy Halloween! Today’s workout will be geared toward recovery. Take some time for yourself and do this total body stretch! Hold each stretch for 10-15 seconds, release and repeat for up to one minute per stretch
1. Sky reach
2. Toe touch
3. Neck Roll, opposite directions
4. Arm across chest – alternate arms
5. Thigh hugs – alternate legs
6. Quadriceps pull – alternate legs
7. Side reach – alternate sides
8. Lower Back – sit on floor, cross legs and twist lower back, alternate sides
9. Ankle rolls – alternate ankles
10. Heel drop – stand on a step and drop heels to stretch calf muscles
Thanksgiving dinner – on a sheet pan!
You will need:
1 lb of turkey breast cut into 1 inch cubes
2-3 cups of broccoli florets
2 cups of sweet potato cut into ¼ inch cubes
1 tbsp of minced garlic
½ cup of dried cranberries
¼ cup of chopped pecans
¼ cup of olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1. Place broccoli, sweet potato, cranberries and pecans on sheet pan.
2. Coat with olive oil
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes covered with foil
4. Remove from oven, stir in turkey and cover with foil, bake for another 15 minutes.
5. Stir items on pan, remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.