Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise. If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with NP Betsy Press.
Strength Day! Back to Basics, twenty minutes to get you strong!
Grab a set of 10-12lb dumbbells. Perform each exercise 12-14 times, hold all planks for 45 seconds, try not to rest between movements and repeat all exercises twice.
3. Lunges – alternate legs
4. Overhead press
6. Bicep curls
7. Tricep overhead extension
8. Deadlifts w/dumbbells
Be the inspiration. Bring this healthy appetizer to your holiday gathering!
4 Large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of half and half
2 tsps of rosemary
½ cup of cream cheese, soft and room temperature
½ cup of toasted chopped walnuts
½ cup of golden raisins
maple syrup for drizzling
1. Coat sweet potato slices with olive oil
2. Arrange slices on nonstick baking sheet
3. Bake for 9 minutes, flip slices and bake for 10 more minutes at 425 degrees
4. With a mixer, whip cream cheese, milk and rosemary
5. Top each potato slice with cheese mixture
6. Sprinkle each slice with walnuts, raisins and a small drizzle of honey
7. Serve warm
Therapy group for adults 65-100+. Pie, coffee and tea are served. We focus on topics on enjoying and meeting the challen... | More
If you're living with diabetes, you're not alone. Join us for the Diabetes Support Group at Beloit Hospital, 196... | More
Want to track your blood pressure or just curious to know where you are at? Beloit Health System offers free blood pr... | More