- Wellness Wednesday with Betsy Press, NP
Wellness Wednesday with Betsy Press, NP
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise. If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with Nurse Practitioner Betsy Press.
Strength Day! Get Your Sweat On!
Here is a 20 minute full body workout -
- Minute one - 40 seconds butterfly sit-ups/20 seconds res
- Minute two - 40 seconds bicycle crunches/20 seconds rest
- Minute three - 40 seconds high knees/20 seconds rest
- Minute four - 40 seconds body weight squats/20 seconds rest
- Minute five - 40 seconds Alternating lunges/20 seconds rest
- Minute six - 40 seconds plank/20 seconds rest
- Minute seven - 40 seconds jump squats/20 seconds rest
- Minute eight - 40 seconds wall sit/20 seconds rest
*Grab a set of dumbells.
- Minute nine - 40 seconds bicep curls/20 seconds rest
- Minute ten - 40 seconds tricep extension/20 seconds rest
Repeat the cycle once or twice if you're up for it!
A healthy Fall favorite salad served hot or cold!
Butternut Squash Salad
- Cube 1 lb. of butternut squash or pumpkin
- Season with 1 tsp. of pepper, 1.5 tsps. of turmeric, coat lightly with olive oil
- Chop 1/2 red onion, mix with squash
- Place in 390 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes
- Mix with one 15 oz. drained can of chickpeas
Betsy Press, NP
Beloit Health System - Darien Clinic
300 N. Walworth Street
Darien, WI 53114
Back to Blog Index