This Wednesday work-out will raise your heart rate. Make sure to incorporate warm-up and cool-down periods. Take rest breaks as needed between sets. Please check with your healthcare provider to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise. If you have questions or need modifications to the work-out, stop by the Darien Clinic and speak with NP Betsy Press.
Repeat the following sequence 3-5 times: 1. 50 jumping jacks
2. 5 jumping squats
3. 25 russian twists
4. 30 second plank
5. 10 calf-raises
6. 5 push-ups
7. 30 second plank
8. 20 alternating lunges
9. 15 squats
A sheet pan meal is a great way to prepare a meal for 4-5 people or to make extra for lunches. What you need:
1. Combine ½ cup of walnuts, olive oil, basil and garlic in a food processor to make the pesto
2. Combine chicken, yellow peppers, green beans, remaining walnuts and pesto in large bowl. Toss to coat ingredients with the pesto.
3. Spread evenly on sheet pan.
4. Place pan in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees. Roast for 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees.
• This two hour free class provides basic information about pre-diabetes. • A multi-disciplinary team of in... | More
The Lymphedema Support Group provides education and support from Certified Lymphedema Therapists to reduce swelling... | More
Diabetes Education Class held in the Beloit Hospital Auditorium. • This one day course provides several sessions... | More