Beloit has been very fortunate to have a history of compassionate care in the stateline community. In 1928, Beloit Municipal Hospital was built on Beloit’s Olympian Boulevard and provided care at that location for over 40 years. Beloit Municipal Hospital, as it was initially known, replaced three small, private medical facilities. The sledding hill adjacent to the building is still referred to as “hospital hill”. At that time, the hospital was city-owned and tax-supported.
When a new hospital was needed in the early 60’s, the city voted to lease the hospital to Beloit Hospital, a private, nonprofit corporation. The operation of the hospital then became the responsibility of the nonprofit group and the community that it serves.
Ground was broken for Beloit Memorial Hospital in October of 1967 and construction began immediately. The unique “snowflake “design of the building was incorporated into the hospital logo which is still used today. When construction was finished and the dedication was celebrated in 1970, the new $11.8 million hospital was judged as one of the finest, most efficient patient care structures in North America designed and built with the comfort and care of the patient in mind.
Beloit Hospital’s campus consists of 25 beautiful tree-filled acres and more than 350,000 square feet of space, rising five stories high. The sixth and seventh floors are dedicated to service, mechanical and environmental operations. Architecturally beautiful in 1970, the tradition continued in further expansions such as the Dialysis Center, Stateline Emergency Care Center, Cancer Care Center, and more.
In 1985, the hospital expanded their range of specialty services by establishing a close affiliation with the highly regarded University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. This affiliation has provided our community with the expertise of specialists and added to the scope of our quality care.
In 1989, the hospital opened its first outreach primary care center. In December 2007, the hospital opened a $35 million new health and wellness campus in Roscoe, IL called NorthPointe. NorthPointe includes an Assisted Living Center (NorthPointe Terrace), Fitness Center, Immediate Care, Spa and Physician Clinic all located in a beautiful natural prairie setting.
In 1947, Beloit native Dr. William Fitzgerald teamed with colleagues Dr. Kenneth Carter and Dr. Richard Sanderson to establish an innovative new clinic, where they would work as a team to better serve their patients. Dr. Fitzgerald convinced the other doctors that Beloit was an ideal location for their practice. The Clinic moved its facility from the west side of Beloit to the east side after the hospital was built in 1970.
Starting January 1, 2010, Beloit Hospital partnered with Beloit Clinic and become a new integrated health system with the name of Beloit Health System. This increased our number of employees to almost 1600 including physicians, and adds several more outreach physician clinics to our primary care base.
Although we are very proud of our facility and campus, it is really the people who have made the biggest impression. The physicians, staff and volunteers have been the real reason people continue to place their most precious asset, their health, in our trust.
As was the mission in 1970 and still is today- Beloit Health System’s goal is to deliver the highest quality medical services and improve the overall health status of the community. We strive to do this at an economic value and with the highest level of patient satisfaction.
Want to track your blood pressure or just curious to know where you are at? Beloit Health System offers free blood pr... | More
Grief is Never Easy, But You Don't Have to Go Through it Alone Grief is a natural reaction to loss of someone or ... | More
The Alzheimer's Support Group meets at Sun Valley Presbyterian Church on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month from 1... | More