Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Click Here for NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES information.
As a patient, you have the right to:
- Considerate and respectful care.
- Information necessary for giving informed consent.
- Consideration of privacy.
- Reasonable access to care.
- Refuse participation in research projects without. compromising your access to services.
- Examine financial charges and receive full explanations.
- Information on alternatives for care when the hospital cannot provide care a patient requests or needs.
- Participate in ethical questions that arise in the course of your care.
- Pastoral counseling.
- Complete medical information.
- Refuse treatment.
- Confidential treatment of personal information and medical reports.
- Access to protective services.
- Reasonable continuity of care.
- Knowledge of applicable institutional regulations.
- Participate in decisions regarding your care, including such decisions as Advanced Directives and code status.
- Resolution of complaints.
As a Patient, you have the responsibility for:
- Providing healthcare practitioners with accurate and complete information related to past illnesses, hospitalizations, medication use, and any other health-related information.
- Cooperating with all personnel and asking questions if directions and/or procedures are not clearly understood.
- Following the treatment plan established.
- Keeping appointments for follow-up care and notifying the hospital when it is impossible to keep Hospital-related appointments.
- Being considerate of Hospital and Clinic personnel and other patients.
- Respectful treatment of System property and other patients, and complying with System regulations regarding smoking, noise, and visitors.
- Assuring that the financial obligations for your healthcare are fulfilled.
Filing a compliment or complaint
We encourage all Beloit Health System patients to share their experience with us - please feel free to contact us directly.
Beloit Health System Patient Relations
1969 West Hart Road
Beloit, Wisconsin 53511
In addition, patients have the right to contact outside agencies regarding their care. You may also choose to file a complaint with one or more of the following organizations:
The State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Division of Quality Assurance
Bureau of Health Services
P.O. Box 2969, Madison, WI 53701-2969
The Joint Commission Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Phone: (800) 994-6610
Fax: (630) 792-5636